Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Biopsy Results

I am pleased to inform you that your colon polyp evaluation by our pathologist shows hyperplasia. This is a benign finding that menas the tissue is not a "true polyp" and you are at no increased risk for colon cancer.


I had gotten a pretty strong sense from the doctor that he wasn't too concerned by what he'd found during the colonoscopy, but I'm still glad to see the results on paper.


And to reiterate what I said early on, I still feel this test was appropriate, with a significant family history of colon cancer, it really did make sense to do the test, and that history will not weigh on me in the years to come between now and the next colonoscopy. That is a comfort indeed.

2 comments:

Mary said...

YAY! :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.